Thursday, May 8, 2014

This is Scruggs the Shelter Dog, Hero of 

Scruggs and Samantha How a Shelter Dog and Kitten Saved Cinderella's Marriage


New Life for Scruggs' Life

Hello readers,

My name is Alli and Im an intern here with Tara Fina Publishing, working directly with the author Mary de la Pena and all of her books.

She decided today that I was the official writer for this blog, Scruggs Life, and that I should use it to fine tune my own writing.

So, wow, that happened, and now I have to learn how to blog… to hopefully be paid attention to, I guess, or better yet, sell books… since that IS my job now. 

Kinda.

I was then trying to think of how I could start this, and really, after staring at a blank word document for a few minutes at the words Scruggs and Life, I focused on the name Scruggs.

Scruggs

Such a strange name. Really it’s the perfect name of a mutt like the dog that owns the name, and I mean owns it. He really is a shaggy, scraggily dog that likes a good scrap and tears around his back yard like a mad mutt.

But you all know that from reading the book, or previous blog posts, or just seeing his picture.

When I think of the word Scruggs, not as a name, not as a dog, I think it actually works really well as a name for a position like “Intern.” I got the scruggy job today of cleaning out used coffee mugs, or refilling the ink in the printer, most of which is now on my shirt, or better yet, I was scrugged into getting lunch and 4bucks today. Again.


So it really is the Scruggs Life for me. Which now makes me think of Thug life… Word. 





No comments:

Post a Comment