Tuesday, November 12, 2013

MY TARA IS IN TROUBLE AGAIN!

My dearest Tara, the eleven year-old Rottweiler's health is again critical.  Her daddy, Prince Charming, and I are heartbroken.

Last week Tara was playing keep-away with Scruggs, and without a yelp or any other indication of pain, she started limping.  A frantic rush to the vet, and we find out the worst possible news!  Tara has arthritis pinching a nerve in her back weakening her right rear leg.  She also has destroyed the ligaments in her left leg playing with Scruggs.  Surgery is out of the question since she also has a large spot of cancer on her back, possibly intruding into her spine!

My baby girl is brave, braver than I would be.  She never whimpers, but needs assistance getting onto the bed to sleep with the prince and me at night.  She still is a chow hound, but I know her days are few--really few.

Now, it is time to keep the promise I make to all of my animals, the same promise I would hope my daughters would make for me--let me go peacefully when the time comes.  Do not keep me around just because you will miss me. It is the same for Tara, I can't make her stay if she hurts and cannot walk, though her chest is strong, a two legged dog is too hard to bear, for her and for me.

I spend my time now giving her kisses--loading up on all the kisses I want her to have before she crosses over.  I want her there to greet me when it is my time, so I cannot let her go until I know she will have enough kisses to remember me.

I love you Tara, my brave, strong, beautiful Rottweiler.
Your Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment